Easy Chicken Taco Bowl Recipe
Who doesn't love Mexican food?!
Instead of buying overpriced tacos at a restaurant, with this easy chicken taco bowl recipe, you can enjoy the authentic taste of Mexican cuisine in the comfort of your own home! Not to mention, you'll save money and likely have enough leftover for the next day. So it's truly a win-win situation.
Without further ado, here's the delicious Chicken Taco Bowl recipe:
1 cup of slaw mixture (or you can substitute broccoli slaw, powder blend, freshly chopped cabbage, or romaine lettuce)
1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
1-2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
Dash of salt, for taste
Dash of pepper, for taste
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
2-3 tablespoons of Feast Mode’s Mexican Fusion seasoning (found on Amazon)
1-2 tablespoons of adobo seasoning
1 fresh lime
6 ounces of Cotija Mexican cheese (or you can substitute queso fresco cheese)
2 tablespoons of Drew’s Organics Chipotle Ranch Dressing and Quick Marinade
¼ cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Take your slaw mixture and place in a medium size bowl. Add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and white wine vinegar. Then season with salt and pepper. Taste to ensure you like the flavor! Place mix in the fridge while the chicken cooks.
- To cook chicken, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. Please note that you will have less chicken to use if you only use the white or dark meat. Once you have the chicken prepared add the shredded chicken to the skillet.
- Cover the chicken with the Feast Mode’s Mexican Fusion seasoning, and lightly season with the adobo. The adobo is very salty, so you do not need much!
- Use a wooden spatula to begin chopping the chicken up into smaller pieces as it cooks and heats up in the pan. Having smaller pieces of chicken will allow you to easily build your bowl or tacos.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove the skillet from the heat, and place the chicken into a large bowl.
- Next, cut each avocado the long way and remove the pit. Slice the avocados into long thin pieces to place over top of your tacos.
- After the avocados are cut, slice the limes into small wedges.
Build Your Bowl
- Start by laying down your slaw in small bowl.
- Then add your shredded chicken.
- Layer your slices of avocado and squeeze 1-2 lime wedges over top.
- Sprinkle 1 ounce of your Mexican cheese of choice, drizzle with chipotle ranch dressing, and finally garnish with fresh cilantro.
You can either make keto or non-keto versions by adding or substituting this recipe! For example, rather than a rotisserie chicken you can use a regular chicken breast. You can cook the chicken in a Dutch oven, use the same seasonings, and bake on low heat for several hours in the oven to create shredded chicken. Or you can opt to use a pressure cooker instead! Additionally, the chicken can also be substituted with steak, or taco meat.
This recipe makes for a total of 6-8 servings if the meat is divided into 3-4 ounces per serving.