Cinnamon Roll Protein French Toast
In honor of the launch of VEGAMN Cinnamon Roll, we wanted to put together a fun recipe that’s not your typical boring protein shake. There are a number of creative ways that you can incorporate protein powder into your diet, such as making protein pancakes, smoothies, muffins, pudding, ice cream, and more!
In today’s blog, Kim Dautrich takes a breakfast food staple — French toast — that tends to be high in calories and quite low in protein, and transforms it into a healthy & tasty dish!
As you’ll see, with a few simple tweaks to a traditional French toast recipe, you can create a dish that’s both delicious & high in protein. Not only will this recipe satisfy your sweet tooth, it will start your day on the right root and keep you fueled for hours.
Without further ado, let’s dive into the recipe!
- 1 scoop VEGAMN Cinnamon Roll
- ¼ cup of Unsweetened Coconut Milk or Almond Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Slices of Bread (my personal favorite is Dave’s Killer Bread)
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Your choice of toppings (ex. strawberries, blueberries, maple syrup, honey, etc.)
- Scramble the eggs in a large bowl
- Add in half a scoop of VEGAMN Cinnamon Roll Protein Powder to the egg mixture and mix well
- To help work out the clumps, slowly add a few tbsp at a time of the milk to obtain the consistently to dip your bread in (approximately 2-3 tbsp)
- Add 1 tsp of ground cinnamon and ½ tsp of vanilla extract into the egg mixture
- Spray your pan with the non-stick cooking spray and heat the pan to a medium heat
- Once the pan is at the desired temperature, dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture on both sides, and pan fry them until they are golden brown on both sides
- Remove from the pan and place the French toast onto a plate
- With the remainder of the VEGAMN, add that into a bowl with ⅓ cup of confectioners sugar and ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- Slowly add in the coconut milk until you obtain a glaze-like consistency
- Drizzle the glaze over the french toast as you desire, along with your preferred toppings, such as strawberries or blueberries!
- Dive in and ENJOY!
*This recipe makes 4 slices of French Toast