Hey you can have abs in 6 weeks if you eat this one food.... If you just cut carbs from your diet you will get skinny... You can eat bacon everyday and lose weight as long as you dont eat carbs... I only eat carbs every third day, jewish holidays and the taco festival... 106 is the magic number of crunches you need to do every morning to have abs... If you mix 2 parts tiger's blood with 1 part breast milk from a Cambodian mother and drink before every meal you will get ripped...
I have terrible news guys... This is all BullShit! I hate the word diet because it implies that its a temporary thing. Eating and fitness are healthy. Healthy is a lifestyle not a fad or quick fix. Some of these gimmicks actually work temporarily, but then you plateau and eventually regress. Then I get a phone call for a consult asking for help because you 21 day fixed, carb depleted, fat depleted, drank the Charlie Sheen death potion and had anal leakage so now you need help... It's ok though, we can fix it.
Here's the scoop on nutrition... It doesnt happen over night. There is no quick fix, and it takes time, consistency, practice, dedication and self discipline. Awweee damn! You're going to have to work for it. It will take practice to get it right and you will have set backs. For example, a rat crawls in your oven and gets stuck then dies, bleeds out all over you kitchen floor and now you have to throw away your stove and burn your house down. So how the hell are you going to prep food with out a stove. Well you use a crock pot. So that wasnt my best example, but that actually happened last week. You can look up my rat chronicles video. Its PG 13 because rats were harmed in the making of that video.
Back to diet and nutrition. Here are some basic facts on metabolism and body function.
1. Your brain fuels off of fats. About 60% of our brain is made of fats. It uses about 20% of the body's metabolic energy. If you're not fueling your brain adequately then you are in fact stupid and irritating 99.3% of people you come in contact with.
2. Eating healthy fats daily will not make you fat or gain weight. I say this with caution... If you eat 12lbs of nuts a day you will probably gain weight and possibly pee out your anus daily. So eat the correct amount of fats daily.
- Fat intake for the day should be between 20% to 35% of your calorie intake.
3. Carbohydrates are like fuel for our bodies and brain. We need them for energy in powering our muscles and our brains. No carb and low carb diets can effect your brain energy levels, hormones production, sleep cycle and over all body fatigue. There are quite a few nasty, unhealthy side effects to these diets. They do work quick in losing weight, but can be dangerous or unrealistic for a long term practice.
4. Everyone metabolizes carbohydrates different. We also burn calories at different rates. How much muscle you have and your daily activity levels will determine how many carbs you need daily for adequate brain and body power. If you are on a low carb diet and feel ADD or brain fog effects then you are not getting enough carbs and shouldn't be operating heavy machinery. Please stay off the road you are causing a road rage epidemic.
5. You can eat carbs and still burn fat. For example, when I prep for a body building show I eat about 150g of carbs daily the last two weeks and still lose body fat. This is the bare minimum I need for my weight and muscle mass. Losing fat while eating carbs is all about insulin regulation, what types of carbs to eat and when to eat them. So yes, you can in fact eat carbs and still lose fat!
-Its recommended athletes derive 40% of their calories from carbohydrates. I have found this works well for those trying to stay lean or burn fat while keeping muscle.
6. You need to eat a complete protein every 3 to 4 hours to speed up your metabolism. A complete protein is a protein with a complete amino acid profile. When your metabolism is sped up its processing calories efficiently. It will take what it needs and eliminate the rest. If your metabolism is slow, you are mostly likely storing everything you eat. Metabolism doesn't care about cellulite Sally's saddle bags and muffin top she has stored "for the winter." If you're not eating every few hours your body thinks its starving and just keeps storing.
7. When you are in storage mode, aka slow metabolism, your energy levels are low and most likely your gut bacteria balance if off. This leads to poor cognitive thinking (mental problem), depression/anxiety, brain fog, ocd, and skin conditions. So speed up your metabolism and eat the correct amount of protein daily.
-The average athlete should pull 40% of their calories from protein. This keeps their muscles growing and fueled. If you are not exercising regularly you may not need as much protein daily. A rough estimate is 0.6 to 1.2 grams of protein per pound of muscle you have. If you are trying to grow your muscles then aim for the higher end. Remember this is per pound of muscle not total body weight. I suggest starting at the lower end and gradually increasing every few weeks to prevent constipation. If you cant do the math then you may need more carbs or fat in your life and I would be happy to help you.
This is just a few basics to eating for a healthy life style. If you need more help please email me for a consult. The most important thing you can take away from this blog is that eating healthy is a lifestyle... a life long commitment... FOR-EV-OOOR! It will take practice, but its very achievable and its never to late to start.